If you are a Social Media guru, excel in the quick pace of today’s communication, and are looking for a lively work atmosphere, then read on because this may be the opportunity you’ve imagined for yourself! Create the plan, execute the plan and bask in the glory that this newly created position has the potential to deliver!
The Social Media Manager will serve as the social host for Vology – the first impression that most people will encounter and is responsible for creating and implementing Vology’s Social Media strategy, assisting with developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and Human Resources teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network. The Social Media Manager will also develop business cases, marketing plans and proposals for implementing social media solutions. This person will be a strong collaborator and team player that can function in a high pressure, sales-centric environment. Our Social Media Manager will be able to construct an online following that will drive new user acquisition through organic word of mouth advertising. Creating this following won’t be easy, and will depend on the incumbent’s ability to create opportunities for intriguing conversations and subsequent relationships.
The ideal person must be energetic, creative, an excellent writer and internet-savvy; immersed in what it means to "live life online". The incumbent must demonstrate “social media DNA” and have extensive social media experience. Those with daily use of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs, and various other social networks are preferred. By combining social media expertise with strong editorial and marketing skills and an entrepreneurial spirit, the Social Media Manager will bring an infectious enthusiasm for Vology’s unique model and long-term vision to support the continued growth and success of Vology.
This position will report directly into Marketing but will also support key HR recruitment initiatives.
• Develop and execute a clearly defined social media strategy, ensuring effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into Vology’s corporate culture; Deliver on time and on budget social campaigns which surpass expected performance; Manage social media campaigns and presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
• Work with Sales and Marketing to create compelling viral campaigns to drive awareness and sales across all key product lines; Create, track and maintain a social media strategy that drives sales; Develop plans to support new product launches and company initiatives; Coordinate with Marketing on the development of new features, including defining the concept, creating specifications, defining user experience, managing design and development, and post-launch maintenance; Investigate and implement new technologies, services and automation capabilities and/or vendor solutions that enhance social media efforts
• Maintain up to date cutting edge knowledge resources on all new and developing social media strategies; Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities; Strategize with and educate the management team and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results; Identify and interpret social media trends; Research, propose and prioritize new opportunities for social media marketing and advertising campaigns; Provide metrics and ROI for participation in social media sites to ensure success
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or 4+ year’s previous online marketing experience; 3+ years in a Social Media role; and at least two years experience managing social media efforts for a sales-centric organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of how to maintain and grow a social media presence across an array of networks and technologies; strong understanding within a broader marketing mix
• Must have a solid understanding of new media, social networking, and cutting edge community tools and techniques, and must be personally involved in various social media platforms
• Hard-working, goal-oriented individual with a strong passion for online communities, social networking and web content
• Experience creating and executing a social media strategy that builds fan base, and increases engagement and drives sales
• Successful track record in the development of growth of online communities, including ROI using social media channels and technology
• Ability to embrace and manage change
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with changing priorities/deadlines
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Passion for a start-up, entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Well organized with excellent time management skills